1. Besides "The Boeing Company", name an “entity” that is celebrating a Centennial in Aviation in 2016. There are three of them.
2. Man has dreamt of flying for thousands of years,(think of Icarus). It didn't happen, though, until the latter part of the 18th Century. Who is credited with the first 'lighter than air' flight?
3. The three dynamics of flight are yaw, pitch, & what?
4. You are in the terminal of an airport and you see a FIDS. What are you looking at?
5. In 1873, Jules Verne wrote "Around the World in Eighty Days", a story about a wager to achieve that aim, the original plan being to do so by a combination of rail and steamship. In 1929, a flying machine flew around the world in 20 days. What was its name?
6. What does ETOPS mean in the aviation industry?
7. If one engine in an airplane is good, imagine how much better it would be with two - or four! Which country can claim to be the birthplace of multi-engined flight?
1. A. Dassault Aviation B. Aviation Week C. United States Coast Guard
2. Montgolfier brothers
4. Flight Information Display System
5. Graf Zeppelin
6. Extended-range Twin-engine Operational Performance Standards
7. Russia by Igor Sikorsky Bolshoi